Jen of Conversion Diary is hosting a 7 Quick Takes Friday, so borrowing from her idea:
1. Tomorrow is my husband’s twenty-fifth birthday. J.R. will be “celebrating” in the same manner that he has every year since he turned fourteen, as firearm deer season begins on November 15 in Michigan. I wrote a little more about it last year.
2. Gabriel was the sweetest that he has ever been after a nap today. He was all “Mommy,” hugs, kisses, touching noses, and giggles. It was the highlight of my day. It’s moments like that which remind me that I have a way better “job” than many, even if the hours are not always that great and I get very few “breaks.”
3. The “Christmas” party last weekend went well. Actually, it was more of a family gathering than a Christmas party. Only one person said “Merry Christmas” to me, patriotic tunes rather than Christmas carols were playing, and there were no actual Christmas decorations to be seen.
4. #3 above brings me to my next point. Are there families out there that start their parties/gatherings at the specified time? My mother’s side almost never does. Last weekend for example, the meal was supposed to start at 11:30, and nobody actually started eating until about 12:20 or 12:30.
5. We are looking for a new place to live. Neither J.R. or I care for the idea of moving for the third time in less than three years, but our lease is almost up where we are living now, and finding a more ideal place to live as well as shaving some $ from our housing costs would be nice. If we do move, you can be sure that I will mention the process on my blog.
6. Tomorrow we will be spending the day with my in-laws. I enjoy spending time with J.R.’s family, and it should be an enjoyable day – though I am hoping not to see any dead mammals. I’m not anti-hunting, I just cannot look at dead animals if I can tell that they are dead. (Thus, the wall-mount of a deer in our house does not bother me).
7. I am nearly half finished with NaBloPoMo. Once I completed the first week of posting every day, it became easier to make a point of blogging every day. It looks like I’ll be able to pull off posting every day this month barring any extenuating circumstances.