1. Do you do your own laundry or do you send it out?
2. Do you do laundry at your home or a laundromat?
We have a washer and dryer in our apartment, which I am grateful for because I am not sure how I would do the laundry if it required me taking it somewhere else to do.
3. Are there certain articles of clothing that you need to have dry-cleaned on a regular basis?
Definitely not – I would avoid wearing such clothing if I did own it, because of the extra expense/hassle.
4. How often do you do laundry? Is there a certain day of the week that you consider “laundry day?”
I do a load of laundry at least every other day, most of the time. I do not have a “laundry day” carved into my week at this point in my life, but I wonder sometimes whether it would simplify my schedule.
5. Do you iron your clothes as you pull them out of the dryer or do you wait until just before you wear the clothing to iron?
First of all, I own very few articles of clothing that require ironing as long as I hang them up within a reasonable amount of time following washing and drying. With that said, I am usually ironing an article of clothing the night before I plan on wearing it, provided that it actually requires ironing.
6. Do you hang your clothes outside to dry or do you dry them in a dryer?
Most clothes are dried in the dryer, though I hang some items up in our apartment to dry. I would probably use a clothesline if I had access to one.
7. Do you own things that need to be hand-washed or do you try to avoid buying things that you can’t wash in the washing machine?
I tend to avoid items that need to be handwashed. Also, I will admit that my method of washing some articles of clothing that are supposed to be handwashed is to throw them in a sweater bag , wash them on the delicate cycle, and hang them to dry.
So, now you know my laundry-doing habits, or lack thereof.