Betty Beguiles is hosting “10 Facts About Me and My Better Half” over at her blog. All of the fun facts that I’m learning about others inspired me to write my own:
1. We met as first graders who rode the same bus to school – our respective childhood homes are less than four miles apart. We have known each other for over twenty years.
2. My father is less than one month older than my mother, so I thought that it would be nice to marry someone who was super-close in age growing up. I am 15 days older than JR.
3. Our son, Joshua, was born on the five year anniversary of when we officially started courting.
4. JR and I got to know one another over Euchre and Penny Poker games held in my parents’ basement. I still have my big jar of pennies.
5. Our first “real” date was three months after we began courting. We made it a good one: a formal ball held by my college.
6. J.R. took a college course in Chinese cooking years ago. He makes dinner at least once per week using what he learned in that class.
7. If you stopped by our house unannounced, the odds are very good that you will find both of us in some sort of lounge wear. It’s probably not a coincidence that Gabriel refuses to wear jeans that zip at this point in his life.
8. We are both animal-lovers. Due to the fact that we have always lived within the city limits/housing with pet restrictions during our marriage; however, we have never had a pet living with us. We’ll remedy this situation some day.
9. Our song is Making Memories of Us, Keith Urban (though I like the Tracy Byrd version too). We still sing it to one another whenever it comes on. Also, that song influenced this blog’s name.
10. Our fifth anniversary will be on June 2. It’s hard for me to believe that it’s been five years already! I’m pretty sure that’s because they have been some of the best years of our lives.