Today was more difficult. It was wet and rainy all day, so drying on my clothesline was not possible. I had to get more creative in how to dry the diapers. I wrung diapers until my hands ached, in order to get as much water as I could out of them. Then I hung some of the diapers on my sweater drying rack.
It took the diapers about five hours to dry on my drying rack, which was the quickest of all the dry times in the assorted places that I hung diapers around my house today in an effort to get them to dry quickly. Some diapers are still no where near dry after seven hours of drying time.
There was also a brief period of time today during which Joshua had only one clean and dry cover, so I used a hair dryer in order to speed up the dry time. My Econobum cover dried much more quickly than the Flip covers, I believe this is because the Econobum does not have flaps to tuck diapers into or stretchy tabs. The flaps and stretchy tabs are the reasons for which I prefer the Flip covers, but today I was glad to have a ‘plain jane’ cover like Econobum in my rotation.
Although I tried a couple of folds last week when I was preparing for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge, I had been using the padfold all week until today. Joshua spent a little time coverless in the kite fold during the time when we only had one cover. Then tonight, I tried the diaperbag fold that I have seen mentioned on Twitter and other blogs over the past couple of days. I cannot actually comment on how well it worked for us yet. Since nearly all of the diaper is right in the front; however, I imagine that it will work very well on my boy.
The totals for today:
- Number of diapers used: 13.
- Number of covers used: 5.
Random Flat Fact that I learned today: Flats are the perfect size to serve as toddler and preschooler-sized ‘ghost sheets.’